Thursday, May 13, 2010

My Final Blog

I commented on Amanda's latest blog, My Thoughts on U.S. government: U.S. Government.

I sympathize with you, I truly do, however I disagree when you state "Unless the U.S. wants our country to eventually be run by only the elite..."

Our country is run by an army of lobbyists sent by corporations to direct policy. I am for the smaller groups you mentioned, but I know that Greenpeace isn't getting the same treatment as say Goldman Sachs. Special interests can be a very good, or very bad thing. It seems like more of the latter these days.

I'm not sure what the answer would be for trying to get Americans to be more politically active. It used to be the responsibility of the media to report on issues and inform the public. Now the media are the gatekeepers of the secrets rather than the investigators trying to uncover them.

As long as the media is corporately controlled and in the hands of a four or so conglomerates I feel it will be a long road to an aware citizenry.

These days information is power and We the People are losing power everyday.


No comments:

Post a Comment